Formula Bar Utilitites- Zoom and Better Selections

Rhino_Dance

Board Regular
There are 2 things I have on my 'wish list' for EXCEL's Formula bar. Wondering if anyone knows of 3rd party utilities for these or has comments about features I haven't found yet…

1) I would love to be able 'zoom' the formula bar itself to a larger size to see and manipulate my formula entries more easily (my eyes are getting old). This would, of course, maintain the same formula bar functionality (parentheses matching, function syntax reminders, etc) Does anything like this exists?

2) Is there a 'formula bar' utility that makes more helpful selections and 'guesses' and offers more options when you are trying to highlight just part of a formula? (For things like F9 calculations and copying/pasting) I know EXCEL has some features such as making incremental jumps forward if you 'double click' on one element first. But it still requires 'micro movements' with your mouse to exactly match parentheses.

I would love to be able to click on a spot and move forward and only be offered selections with matching parentheses. Or, cooler yet, highlight an element and have the selections move outward, both left and right, only matching parentheses and their associated functions. So much more I could write here too…

In short, if I can logically think of the method I want to use for selecting, the utility can logically offer that method. Recommendations?
Thanks.

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
Hi,

For 1 have you looked at using the magnifier tool that comes with Windows. In XP look at Help & Support and search for Magnifier. It will give you a pane at the top of the screen that magnifies the are that the mouse is pointing to. One of colleagues who has poor eyesight finds it very useful.

Dom

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. I tried it out and it's an interesting feature that I didn't know about. I really would only want a zoom feature for the formula bar though and not have the magnifier on all the time. Ideally I'd like to click up in the formula bar and then maybe have the option of hitting a shortcut key to zoom in on it. Thanks for the tip though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
20rayallen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back