Formula - Exclude Row if Column contains word "Complete"

Bazola

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

I am trying to do the following and I'm struggling, I have a series of rows to track project steps, I need a sum of hours to be added up against each user assigned to task, but exclude the rows where the task Status is "Complete"

Row Headers below: -

Status ($F$6:$F$45)
Task Owner ($K$6:$K$45)
Actual Estimate ($M$6:$M$45)

The idea being, I choose who is allocated the task (Column K), fill in the estimated time for that task (Column M), and it then adds up the total effort for that individual, but I need it to exclude the row from the count when the "Status" (Column F) reads "Complete"

Below is where I plan to summarise each persons total effort, and the initial formula I used to search for the person and to the adding up.

=SUMIF($K$6:$K$45,"*Name of user assigned task*",$M$6:$M$45)

Hoping you can help,

Thanks
Bazola

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
You might want to update your profile to show what version of excel you are using.

Try this:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS($M$6:$M$45,$K$6:$K$45,"*Name of user assigned task*",$F$6:$F$45,"<>Complete")

Upvote 0
Solution
You might want to update your profile to show what version of excel you are using.

Try this:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS($M$6:$M$45,$K$6:$K$45,"*Name of user assigned task*",$F$6:$F$45,"<>Complete")
Hi Alex

Thanks so much for this, works a treat.

Kind regards
James

Upvote 0
Thanks for letting me know. Glad I could help
Hi Alex

Quick question, I need to add Task Type functionality for the counts: -

Task Type (($I$6:$I$45) - NEW

Basically, when it does the original workings above which you provided, I need it to add up the value in column M as before for each task owner, but I need it to provide an output per Task Type. So if the name is Bill bloggs, and the task type is "Pre-Task", and there is a 4 in the Actual Estimate column (M), against that task type and person so provide the value just for that task type.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense!

Upvote 0
Hi Alex

Quick question, I need to add Task Type functionality for the counts: -

Task Type (($I$6:$I$45) - NEW

Basically, when it does the original workings above which you provided, I need it to add up the value in column M as before for each task owner, but I need it to provide an output per Task Type. So if the name is Bill bloggs, and the task type is "Pre-Task", and there is a 4 in the Actual Estimate column (M), against that task type and person so provide the value just for that task type.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense!
Hi Alex

I've managed to sort it :)

Thanks anyway

Upvote 0
I am not sure I fully understand what you are after but to add more criteria you just follow the same pattern

Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS($M$6:$M$45,$K$6:$K$45,"*Name of user assigned task*",$F$6:$F$45,"<>Complete",$I$6:$I$45,"Pre-Task")

You can replace "Pre-Task" with a cell reference ie A1 (no quotes)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back