Formula Needed - Create a Multiplier w/o helper columns

JayB0730

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am trying to automate, through an Excel formula, the ability to automatically deduct an amount based on another column.
  • I have a date that determines the month in A1. Let's assume it is 8/1/2023 to represent the month of September.
  • In B1, I have the amount of $236.
  • In cell C1, I am trying to write a formula that considers the following:
  1. Calculate an appropriate multiplier based on Today() = the month's end date listed in A1 (i.e., 8/31). For example, 8/31 = 1, 9/30 = 2, 10/31= 3, 11/30 = 4, 12/31=5, 1/31 =6
  2. Additionally, we would want to split B1 into 6 to get = 39.33
  3. Multiply this amount by each multiplier so that we get the following results: End of August = 39.33 (multiplier = 1), End of September = 78.67 (multiplier = 2) ... through End of January = $236
  4. End of February - End of July = multiplier of 0.

TIA!

JayB

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hello,

I am trying to automate, through an Excel formula, the ability to automatically deduct an amount based on another column.
  • I have a date that determines the month in A1. Let's assume it is 8/1/2023 to represent the month of September.
  • In B1, I have the amount of $236.
  • In cell C1, I am trying to write a formula that considers the following:
  1. Calculate an appropriate multiplier based on Today() = the month's end date listed in A1 (i.e., 8/31). For example, 8/31 = 1, 9/30 = 2, 10/31= 3, 11/30 = 4, 12/31=5, 1/31 =6
  2. Additionally, we would want to split B1 into 6 to get = 39.33
  3. Multiply this amount by each multiplier so that we get the following results: End of August = 39.33 (multiplier = 1), End of September = 78.67 (multiplier = 2) ... through End of January = $236
  4. End of February - End of July = multiplier of 0.

TIA!

JayB

First of all how 8/1/2023 represent month of September instead of august?
2nd You want Month wise Total or total sum in one cell ?

Share a Picture of your data with input and out put manually for batter understanding

Upvote 0
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Create a Multiplier w/o helper columns
There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back