Formula that won't update automatically for all users

sspatriots

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I've got a formula in the same cell location on multiple tabs of my workbook. Basically, all it does is return a "Job Name" from a table that matches the table name in a cell on another worksheet called "Worksheet and Table Names". Similarly, I have a formula in a cell directly beneath this one that does the same thing but provides a "Customer" name.

I have one user of this file that has an issue with the formula results in these cells disappearing when he goes to print any worksheet he is on. After he prints, the cell does not show a result. So far, I cannot duplicate the issue on my PC. Just wondering if anyone has come across an issue with formulas not updating. One thing that does work for this user is to save the file, close and reopen. Then the cells with the formulas are populated again.

Here is this formula which results in a Job Name in the cell:

Excel Formula:
=IF(ISERROR(XLOOKUP($K$5,INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[COMPL PO NO CORR]"),
INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[DEM Job Name2]"))),"",
XLOOKUP($K$5,INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[COMPL PO NO CORR]"),
INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[DEM Job Name2]")))

I have this very similar formula in the same cell directly beneath this one on the same worksheets which results in a Customer Name in the cell:
Excel Formula:
=IF(ISERROR(XLOOKUP($K$5,INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[COMPL PO NO CORR]"),
INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[DEM Customer]"))),"",
XLOOKUP($K$5,INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[COMPL PO NO CORR]"),
INDIRECT('Worksheet and Table Names'!B2&"[DEM Customer]")))

Any thoughts on what the issue might be, please advise. I've tried looking at some of the typical settings that were recommended from the link below but coming up empty. I'm guessing that just because I can't replicate it, it doesn't mean it isn't something wrong with the file itself. I don't really see what he is doing inside this file every day.

Thanks, SS

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
@sspatriots

Does the other person have automatic formula updating enabled?
If you don't know, do the values appear after pressing the key [F9] (on Windows), which does a manual formula update (recalculation).

You can check the settings from the Excel Menu File > Options > "Formulas" Tab:
1706050446204.png

Upvote 0
@sspatriots

Does the other person have automatic formula updating enabled?
If you don't know, do the values appear after pressing the key [F9] (on Windows), which does a manual formula update (recalculation).

You can check the settings from the Excel Menu File > Options > "Formulas" Tab:
View attachment 105603
Yes sir. This is one of the things that we checked first after googling the issue. I've not seen anyone else have this issue either. I thought maybe it has something to do with the use of "INDIRECT" in my formulas, but I don't have the same problems with the file that this user does. Still scratching my head on this one.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back