Formula to change values in different cells - HELP!!

Josue0

Office Version
  1. 2021
Hello everyone!

So I was working on a formula for a project budget in excel, and I can't get it to work. Here's where I need help!

I have a two Budget Summary (spreadsheet1=Year 1 and spreadsheet2 = year 2) each sheet has different Categories (columns) Salaries A1, Travel A2, and Equipment A3. So a ChangeLog spreadsheet was created to manage the reallocation from differnt categories. The changelog then has two columns showing the from and to where to amount is being allocated.

For example: In the changelong sheet, i would enter year 1, $500 from Salaries to Travel, then the forumla i want should pickup the current budget in the spreadsheet year 1, deduct from Salaries $500, give me the new amount, and also add the $500 to the current budget in Travel.

Can anyone help? My current formula is as follows but it changes the amounts in all spreadsheet. :(

=IF(INDEX('Change Log'!B:B,MATCH(TRUE,'Change Log'!B:B=1,0)),D12-(SUMIFS('Change Log'!F:F,'Change Log'!D:D,'Financial Summary Report 1 '!A12))+SUMIFS('Change Log'!F:F,'Change Log'!E:E,'Financial Summary Report 1 '!A12),D12)

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Would you be kind enough to post the data (make sample data for privacy reasons) instead of the prose description. The forum wants to help, but they have interpret what you have written and that can have errors and it takes time. The xl2bb add in is great for this (see link below). If you have underlying formulas from different worksheets you'll need to post those worksheets as well; or, convert your data to values. If you cannot use the add in, then post your data as a table, screen shots really are not all that helpful (but better than prose).

Please help the forum help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back