FREE Analysis Toolpak and Function Translator

ericdesart

1) Create a local Analysis ToolPak Add-In Information and Translation Table.
Ever wanted an oversight of the Analysis-ToolPak Add-In functions, their descriptions, their arguments, their VBA and Procedure names, and all of this in your local language including translations versus the corresponding English names? This data is automatically extracted from your local Excel and entered in a sortable table.

2) You, your organization or foreign partners work with different language editions of MS Excel?
Just pressing only ONE SINGLE Command will automatically localize those foreign language MS Excel documents.
You can easily share such documents now, without the traditional and long existing related problems, causing hell of a job to adjust such scrambled documents.

3) You find foreign language MS Excel documents on the net, via a Newsgroup or via MS Excel download sites?
Well they can be localized as well, even when you don't know or recognize the source language.

4) Bi-Directional Translator:
Wants to find translations between different language names of ALL worksheet functions?
Wants to have direct access to your local MS Excel Function Help-Topic even when foreign functions are selected?
4a) 11 languages (+ infinite local languages via local Function Help Topic - see point c.)
Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese PTG, Spanish, Swedish.
4b) Includes ALL worksheet functions inclusive All Analysis ToolPak Add-In functions (total 383 per language until Excel 2002 = XP)
4c) Depending on the 'Show All' or 'Show ATP' toggle button setting even Foreign language descriptions are provided.
Additional info as categories, descriptions, function history and more is provided (depend on setting).
4d) A Help button activates/shows the related Local language build-in MS Excel Help Topic.
This works for both the old .HLP (up to XL97) as the new .CHM file system (XL2000 and up).
This then automatically works as an additional translator for non-integrated languages:
When a user selects ANY, in the utility integrated, worksheet or ATP command function, the Local Help Toppic is activated even when this language is NOT integrated in the utility.
4e) A poweful Automatic or Manual Copy/Paste procedure allows to paste individual functions unto complete Function Translation Tables.
This is NOT a simple Copy/Paste of the function/language combinations as seen by the user. The utility internally stores with an x-axis (languages), y-axis (functions) approach, allowing it to complete ALL related function/language combinations, even when not seen by the user. This minimizes the number of actions to be taken by the users.

The FREE utility is not only useful for non-English but also for Englis users.

http://www.acoustics-noise.com/ATPtranslator.shtml

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
And if you order right now, you'll get this AMAZING set of Ginsu knives. They slice, they dice, they mince and julianne. But wait, if you order in the next TEN minutes we'll DOUBLE your order. Operators are standing by. CALL NOW!

Upvote 0
Mr Excel MVP,

I'm Dutch, made this utility as hoby, and know that it can be useful for lots of people working with different language editions of Excel.

I indeed just copied the text from my site.
But still thought it could be useful to mention it.

Does being an MVP makes you feel better, or give you the right to become cynical?
I'm not and wasn't selling anything here.

No kind regards
Eric

Upvote 0
Hi Eric,

Welcome to the board :)

Yes, Your utility is very nice and useful - especially with the swedish language - thanks and I can recommend it to all who have specific needs :wink:

However, instead of making the advertisement for it here on the Help-forum a better place are:

-Max Cells Lounge
-Questions About This Board

Although none of these options are not the best places.

Most of the MrExcel MVPs are very kind and helpful, which also include most of the other regular visitors.

However, some of them are not always friendly as You can see BUT that behaviour does not reflect the general attitude on the board.

Kind regards,
Dennis
A regular swedish guy that are under cover a regular member :wink:

Upvote 0
On 2003-02-16 04:13, ericdesart wrote:
Mr Excel MVP,

Does being an MVP makes you feel better, or give you the right to become cynical?

Don't worry Eric. Being an MVP has no real status on this board any more. Keep up the good work :)

<font face="Arial Black" color="#0000FF">Hope this helps,
DK</font>

This message was edited by dk on 2003-02-16 06:13

Upvote 0
Hi Eric:

Welcome to the Board!

Your contribution is appreciated. You just happened to catch phantom1975 in a humorous mood -- phantom always welcomes newcomers on the board, and is very helpful. We all welcome you and appreciate your contribution.
Keep on EXCELing!

This message was edited by Yogi Anand on 2003-02-16 11:51

Upvote 0
Dear Eric,

I'll be the first to admit that when I make a GRAND application, I want to share it with the world. I wasn't trying to steal any of your thunder. Your talent and skill are VERY apparent by your GREAT add-in. I'm certain that your contributions to this board will be INCREDIBLE. Sorry for the early hazing.

Just goes to show that you shouldn't...

1) Feed me after midnight
2) Expose me to direct sunlight
3) Get me wet

Upvote 0
Hello All,

I really DO thank you all, for the warm welcome, and shake hands Phantom.
I admit I was a bit surpriced after the first response.
I stumbled accidentally on this group via a Google search.
Certainly will see (matter of speech) you guys back.

And I humbly admit, it's indeed more fun if one makes something that it's of use (bit frustrating otherwise)

So until next time!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Eric, I downloaded the info from this website and began to read it, in the hopes it will help me with a question. Now, as the info is quite extensive, I have a general question that you may be able to answer.

I have an excel template, in english. The template will be eventually translated into other languages (I am still waiting on an example from the boss). Apparently, my macros and pivot tables will not "function" anymore. Does this website allow for translation of all the info in a spreadsheet, VBA included? I didn't get the impression that it does, at least not from what I read.

Any suggestions as to where I should begin looking? Google gave me 1000's of responses, even when I narrowed down the search.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojomen56

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back