Free Excel Templates From Microsoft Create - 2541

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Jan 27, 2023.
The Microsoft Create platform is in preview. Sign in with a Microsoft 365 Home account to access free templates for Excel and more. It also includes training on social media from Kat Norton Miss Excel and promises future features.

Table of Contents
(0:00) Free templates in Preview
(0:34) Start at Create.Microsoft.Com
(1:30) Opening a template in Excel Online
(1:54) Accessing from Win32
(2:24) Learning videos including Kat Norton
(3:00) Designer & Clipchamp coming
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Hey, here is something great for a Friday or a weekend.
Free Excel template from Microsoft Create.
I went to Disney World in 1970, which was just one year too early. It wasn't done yet, but there was a short little movie with Walt Disney and a preview of things to come. I can say I was there before they were open.
Create.microsoft.com apparently was announced in November of 2022.
They're not making a big deal about it yet, but even though it's not completely done, it is a great preview with a lot of free templates. So you just go to create.Microsoft.com.
You seem to have to sign in with a home account. That's why I'm signing as Mary Ellen right now.
For some reason, it doesn't seem to work with Enterprise, which is a strange decision to me.
We'll start here with searching for Excel.
You see a whole bunch of templates here that are available in Excel. They have all kinds of things, Word, PowerPoint.
There's even social media templates.
This reminds me a lot of that Adobe tool that helps you create a great looking social media post.
They have things organized by holidays or events, interests and hobbies and business.
So here in Category, I will go to apps and then choose Excel and that'll find things in Excel.
So here's a Sudoku puzzle. I can even search for maybe expense tracker.
All right, and so, oh great, here's a gas mileage tracker.
So you click on that and then you have two choices.
You can either download it to your computer or you can customize in Excel.
So I'm signed in as Mary Ellen.
When I customize in Excel, it opens in Excel Online.
And the slightly strange thing about that is it opens like Book7, which is exactly how the templates in File, New would happen.
But now that's frustrating because then when I go to Excel and File Home, you see it's here, right?
It's here because I open it in Excel online, and so it's there, but it's there with a horrible name of Book7 instead of gas mileage tracker. Hey, this is all new.
It'll all get better.
I really hope they open this up for enterprise customers as well.
They already give us under File, New, a lot of expense trackers. There's definitely more in create.microsoft.com.
I was impressed under Learn and Grow, there's a whole bunch of different topics out here, including social media.
When you get to social media, you see that one of their stars is our own Kat Norton, Miss Excel. Has lots of great tips out there.
So they've gone and gotten the best to create these, and that's cool.
About this preview, it looks like more things are coming.
Something called Designer, which I hope is going to be a free version of Adobe Express to create various social media posts.
Something called Clipchamp.
So when this gets finished, it looks like it's going to be really awesome.
But if you have a home account or probably a student account, go sign up and check it out.
All kinds of great templates for you to use, and even some awesome videos to checkout. Create.Microsoft.com.
Still in preview. Give it a try.
All right. Hey, I want to thank you for stopping by.
We'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back