5. 2011
  6. 2010
  7. 2007
  8. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Web
Hi

I am managing the inventory backorder process for a small company selling through ecommerce stores. I want to connect the sales order grid of the shopify store to a worksheet in excel. I have tried with the 'Get data from Web' approach, but I am unable to get past the shopify login with my credentials as it is a 2 stage process. I do not know what format or code has to be entered with my credentials into the, 'basic' or 'advanced', dialogues of the data source settings process that is part of 'get data from web' in excel. I have read that I may need to create a private app in Shopify, but the the client definitely do not want to pay for a connector like Zapier or Coupler etc. I appreciate i may be going about this completely the wrong way so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

If the login is possible or a free DSN / ODBC connector, then the user can enter their credentials and refresh the file. I have many dependent sheets that do all of the breakdown of bills of material and create the back orders.

The process is currently achieved with a manually exported csv file from shopify order grid to a manual Power Query import in excel, but this is too laborious for the client. A live read of the orders would be perfect as they would filter out orders by status as required.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back