GOOGLE SHEETS: Using Multiple ANDs with IFS - Possible?

jetheat

I am trying to use IFS but with multiple AND statements. It seems to get stuck after the very first AND statement.

Here is what I have:

Excel Formula:
=IFS(AND(I2="Half",H2="Long")=TRUE,"Half True",TRUE,"Half False",AND(I2="Completion",H2="Long")=TRUE,"JustComp True",TRUE,"JustComp False")

The problem is that, even if I select "Completion" in the I2 dropdown box, even then, the output is "Half False".
In other words, its not getting past the first AND statement.

How do I solve this?

Appreciate the help,
Thanks,

JH

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Can you just explain for us the logic you want in plain English?
There is always a danger in trying to "guess" what someone wants from a formula which does not work right.

Upvote 0
It is hard to understand what you are trying to accomplish, but I believe you are trying to do this:

Excel Formula:
=SWITCH(TRUE,AND(I2="Half",H2="Long"),"Half True",I2="Half","Half False",AND(I2="Completion",H2="Long"),"JustComp True",I2="Completion","JustComp False")

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention I'm using Google Sheets. I don't know if that makes a difference.
That Switch formula doesn't seem to work.

Here's what I am trying to do.

If the values of two separate cells is true (I2 and H2) (both of them have to match the words), then I want my current cell to perform a calculation. But if one of those cells is false, then I want my current cell to perform a different calculation.

The two cells have drop downs in them where I can select what I want. So I need multiple AND statements to account for the different options selected.

I just replaced the calculations above for some simple words.

JH

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention I'm using Google Sheets.
Yes, that absolutely makes a difference! While there are many similarities, Excel and Google Sheets are NOT the same thing and have differences.
As such, you should not post Google Sheets questions in the "Excel Questions" forum, but instead use the "General Discussion & Other Applications" forum.
(note the mention of Google Sheets there). You should also mention in your question that this is for Google Sheets.

1703091064122.png

I have move this thread for you and updated your title.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kokoanutt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back