Help, probably with a pareto

halesowenmum

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi

As suggested by Oldbrewer, I need to put the following into a pareto format as it is likely the best way to show what I need to show (described below my data table):

ALAMANAOAPAQARASAT
This col effectively acts as the control group / benchmark figure to compare against since no contact was made at all by the company
115 Contacted successfully by phone and then had service call at home Contacted successfully by telephone only (no service call at home) Not successfully contacted by phone (and no service call) Total
116Contact type (Total No.) 17 6622105
117 Contact type as % Total No.16%63%21%100%
119 No.%No.%No.%
120 Only had to call customer the once
11​
10%
74​
70%
13​
12%
121 Had to call customer back one further time66%2423%77%
122 Had to call customer back more than once11%44%22%

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

What I need to determine is:
Compared to those who we didn't manage to get in touch with which met our goals the best?
- Our goal is firstly that no customer has to call back to our customer care centre
- That if they do call back it's better if they only have to make one call
- That if they do call back it's least favourable that they have to make more than one call back to us.

The assumptions we're testing really are:
-- We might expect that people who had a call and a home service call would be least likely to need to ring us once, twice, or two or more times
-- We might expect that across the board regardless of method of contact that these results would be much better than the ones for the 'control group' who had no contact at all.

Which of the contact methods - successful telephone contact only or successful telephone contact and a service call to the customer's home - was the most effective?

For whatever type of chart is the best to use do I need to set out the data above in a different arrangement; what steps do I need to follow to get going with creating the recommended chart.

Many thanks indeed - fingers crossed I can find the answer as I've got to meet with someone at 9am tomorrow to show them the results!! Obviously, if we find that making proactive calls and sending out engineers to the customer's home where it was felt to be necessary doesn't result in less calls back to the call centre, then the project will not be carried on - it's just I really am not sure (even when looking at pareto templates) which data I need to put where to get the answers that I need.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Upvote 0
Thank you. I'll have a look at this at this.

Oh, just had a look.... hmmm...... I couldn't make head nor tail of that sadly...

I just need some idea of what chart to use, to know whether my data is in the right physical layout to enable the chart to work - would a pivot chart do that job?

If necessary I'd accept not returning results for every single variant in one chart - it could be split depending on how many times the customer phoned rather than trying to analyse all the times in the one chart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe a contingency table. Where you show the nimber of times a customer has to call back (0 times, 1 time, 2 or more times).
The example below just has bogus data, but should give you the idea.
You could then do a bar chart or stacked bar chart of data. In the example below to get a graph just highlight the range A2 to D5 and insert a bar graph.
Excel Workbook
ABCDE
1Customer Call Backs
20 Calls1 Call2 or moreTotals
3No call1513735
4Call Only607428162
5Call & Service2011637
6Totals959841234
80 Calls1 Call2 or moreTotals
9No call6.41%5.56%2.99%14.96%
10Call Only25.64%31.62%11.97%69.23%
11Call & Service8.55%4.70%2.56%15.81%
12Totals40.60%41.88%17.52%100.00%
Sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back