Help sequencing same formula in rows and columns referencing the same cells on different pages of the workbook.

ronb16

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi Excel Geniuses,

I am creating a checkbook with dropdown a drop down menu for different GL Codes. I would like a summary of each GL Code on a single page. I figured out my formula, but I'm having trouble sequencing the formula to reference the same cells on each page and hope to not have to copy and paste each cell then manually change the page number or column number. Here is an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.
=SUMIF('01'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!V2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('01'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!W2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('01'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!X2,'01'!E5:E54)
=SUMIF('02'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!V2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('02'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!W2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('02'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!X2,'01'!E5:E54)
=SUMIF('03'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!V2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('03'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!W2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('03'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!X2,'01'!E5:E54)
=SUMIF('04'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!V2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('04'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!W2,'01'!E5:E54)=SUMIF('04'!F5:F54,Daily_Detail!X2,'01'!E5:E54)

Any shortcut to help me not have to copy and paste then edit each formula would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

So, is it the first value is working properly, but the formulas do not work properly when copied?

If so, then I suspect there is an issue with the formulas in your original posting above.
Show me an example that doesn't work properly.
Tell me what cell address the formula is in, and show me your manual formula that returns the correct result for that particular cell.
Hi Joe,

So I have chosen to show the formulas here. All of the highlighted cells I copied the formula from J3 and pasted them into the other highlighted cells.
The Orange Highlighted cells I manually altered the the page number of column number to apply. The green highlighted are cells I have copied and pasted but not yet altered. My hope is to save me time and learn how to get the entire page to sequence similar to the orange highlighted cells.

1661978035516.png

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
OK, I think we both missed some things. In your original post, you have a mistake in your formulas, that you don't have the second sheet reference in each formula changing, i.e.
1661980611182.png

And I missed that your formulas were shifting the columns on the Detail page (V, W, X), so try this variation:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIF(INDIRECT("'" & TEXT(ROW()-2,"00") & "'!$F$5:$F$54"),Daily_Detail!V$2,INDIRECT("'" & TEXT(ROW()-2,"00") & "'!$E$5:$E$54"))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back