Help with formula please

LucreMoneyWonga

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I hope someone may be able to help with some formulas please....

I am wrestling with a formula that works for its initial use but I need to expand/improve it to allow me to do the calcs. I require.
I hope you are able to provide some insight as to how I may do this.....in fact, I have a number of formulas I could really do with some help on
The purpose of the spreadsheet is to identify entry and exit points for trades.
Column N is the output of other parts of the sheets and produces numbers from 0 up to say 400, with the majority being in the 5 to 80 range.
My first task was to identify how many times the number in N was greater than 20, and so take profit. If it did not reach 20, then insert the number in the risk bracket (column AM), so I used this simple formula. I can change the number in J2 to look at different exit options.
=IF(N5>$J$2,$J$2,IF(N5<$J$2,-AM5))
It works ok, but I need it to do two more things which are, to make it equal to or greater than, rather than just greater than.............and also insert "N/A" in column J if it appears in Column N.
I am sure that is very easy, but I haven't managed to do it, sorry.
I certainly can't figure out the next requirement, which is below the image...

1692273666191.png

So effectively the value in Column J is an exit point within a trade, but it is a single exit point where I close 100% of the trade at "20" points profit.
What I really need is more granularity (up to 4 exit points) with a variety of %'s closed at each exit point.

For example:
Let's say I have 4 exit points of 25% each, at 20, 50, 100, and 200, then,

J5 would read - 25% at 20 (total of 5pts), 25% at 50 (total of 12.5pts), and 50% at risk bracket (total of -13pts) = 4.5pts
J16 would read - 25% at 20 (total of 5pts), 25% at 50 (total of 12.5pts), 25% at 100 (total of 25pts), and 25% at risk bracket (total of -7) = 35.5pts

But I need to be able to alter the %'s closed and also the level to be closed...

For example:
If I chose to close 50% at 20 and 50% at 50, then...

J5 would read - 50% at 20 (10pts) and 50% at 50 (25pts) = 35pts

or if I chose to close 25% at 20, 50% at 50 .....then,

J5 would read - 25% at 20 (5pts), 50% at 50 (25pts), 25% at bracket (-6.5pts) = 23.5pts

So, in summary, I need to have up to 4 exit points with different percentages applied, and for the total of the combined exits to be created in say, column K

I hope this makes sense and that you are able to provide some insights. I really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back