High level Approach Excel vs. Outlook

RomiToo

Ok this is a very high level question. I have a bunch of emails (forms) that I want to create. The data for these emails is coming from Excel. These forms will need to be distributed to all the representatives so if in excel I can just write a new VB script but I've never called outlook before and not sure what needs to be done to set that up. Or I think I can create custom forms in Outlook and just pull in the date from Excel. The forms aren't really complicated, at most 6 lists need to be populated and the chosen items populated. The only really tricky part is if there's a situation with more than one scenario - haven't yet decided if that should be 2 emails or do it all in one - this is a business decisions not a technical one.

What's the best/quickest way to build these? From excel calling Outlook or Outlook calling excel? I am more versed in Excel than Outlook, btw.

So a bit more detail

An example would be like this (email addresses would not be pre-filled in so don't have to worry about that)

Subject: [one of maybe 8 scenarios]

Dear [customer];

***this will be based on the scenario selected in the subject line but this is a generic scenario****
you have supplied form [X and Z] but form [Y] is missing. Please complete the attached form and return to {representative handling the request].

You may also visit [this website] for more information.

closing

each [field] will be a choice the representative makes and the lists are from the excel workbook. Data lists can be from about 5 to over 200. I just don't want to start down one path to realize later the other might have been a better choice.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
These are not bulk emails, they are on demand. A representative gets a call and then sends the email choosing the scenario etc. and I would not be creating them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back