How Can I Most Elegantly Reveal A Picture That Proportionally Reveals Itself Each Hour Until A Certain Time Is Reached?

ultam8

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Good Morning,

I am interested in using excel to set a date/time, say for retirement, and then embed a photograph of a beach, and then based off of "now" and the set date/time have the photo reveal itself (maybe like the hands of a clock move?) each hour as time progresses towards the set date/time.

I saw this years ago and have scoured search engines to try and find it, and the closes I found was this: How to Make a Calendar in Excel that Reveals a Picture - Tutorial which is interesting if your time-frame is just one month, but mine is much longer and instead of revealing as the days of a calendar, I hope to revel this photo similar to how clock hands move, starting a 12. I welcome any suggestions and thanks for considering.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
How about setting the picture mode to clip and using code like this (to change the image control height):

I imagine the last time value used will have to be stored and retrieved from a cell.

Upvote 0
OK, you'll have to excuse my novice-ness...can you give me a link to somewhere explaining "setting the picture mode to clip" in the context that we are talking about (in which it will relate to the "now time, and clip as a proportion of some set start time and some set end time such that stat is about 1% of picture showing, and end is 100%?), please? and then the link in you rpost is to what till run it periodically so I don't have refresh?

Thank you and I hope I got that right...

Upvote 0
Picture mode is a property of an image control, which I somehow got the notion that you intended to use one, or the link did. Seems now that it was neither. However, I have no idea how you'd uncover an image as if the sweep of clock hands was revealing more an more of it as the days pass. I guess the only hope would be a picture for each day remaining, each one with more revealed. You'd need a way to 'map' a particular image to a particular day. My idea was just to expose a bit more of one image each day by making the image control taller for each. Clip is the setting that doesn't resize the image to fit the control, so that could work.

Info on the control as it applies to Excel

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back