how to compute the interest during years that have leap years within the period concerned.

Robert Salonikios

I am looking for a financial/mathematical formula (or array) whereby the calculation of interest varies in case the base year happens to be a leap year (within the period considered).
I am presenting my query through the attached excel worksheet whereby the variable data to be inserted are in cells A1 to D1.
The idea is to make sure that if there is a leap year within the time period (cells C1:D1) then the computations during this period are based on 366 days and not 365.
My attached excel is limited to a period (D1 minus C1) of 8 years otherwise I would have to expand my formulae beyond column O. This is a limiting factor but this at least serves my current needs.
I would appreciate any assistance to make my process simpler through a formula (array) or a macro.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 50

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
That worked perfectly well as the Start Date is now counted in.

For example, if StartD is 12/3/2022 and EndD is 13/3/2022, then the UDF computes on the basis of the EndD-StartD = 2 days (not 1 day) as I need to include the day within the OPENING StartD and the day within the CLOSING EndD.

Thank you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yap999

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back