How to confirm if a value in one column of a data source appears in column of another data source?

Hendri_Fourie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Good day,

SOS!

I have two reports, Report 1 contains amongst others Delivery Note numbers generated in our MRP, and Report 2 contains the Delivery Note numbers of the corresponding documents saved in our Document Management System. I would like to see which of the Delivery Note numbers generated does not make it into our Document Management System. This would be one of the KPI's of the team managing our PODs.
(I am currently running these reports in Excel - but want to migrate to Power BI... It was however high time to stop and ask for directions - it appears I am finding difference ways not to get the results).

Report 1 (Extract)
1635174012172.png

Report 2 (Extract)
1635173894936.png

Note that the column headers are not the same (I can change that though). Report 2 might have duplicate entries (in some cases we have hard copies and SOG soft copies - customer specific), sometime null values (where due to issues OCR might have have indexed the entries correctly).

What syntax should I consider to get either a Yes / No or True / False returned? I would also like to graphically display this.

Will appreciate help.

Hendri

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back