How to copy data from single cells to merge cells and vice versa

kamranyd

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
i have these codes which copy data from data sheet to quot sheet was working fine, but now my quot sheet has few merge cells now it dont copy. does merge cells dont copy values from single cells sheets?

VBA Code:
Sub search_quot()
    Dim Quot_No As String, Fnd As Range, Ws1 As Worksheet, Ws2 As Worksheet, FileNameRef As String, X As Long, Y As Long: Y = 17

Sheets("Quot").Unprotect
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set Ws1 = Sheets("database")
    Set Ws2 = Sheets("QUOT")

FileNameRef = Range("I3").Value

Set Fnd = Ws1.Range("A:A").Find(Ws2.Range("I3").Value, , , xlWhole, , , , , False)
    If Fnd Is Nothing Then MsgBox "Quotation Number [-]> " & FileNameRef & " <[-]" & vbNewLine & "Not found in Quotation Database.", vbExclamation, "Quote Search ERROR": Exit Sub

With Ws2
        .Range("I4").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 1).Value
        .Range("I5").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 128).Value
        .Range("C8").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 2).Value
        .Range("C9").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 3).Value
        .Range("A49").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 129).Value
        .Range("A51").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 130).Value
        .Range("H61").Value = Fnd.Offset(, 7).Value
             For X = 8 To 124 Step 4
            .Range("A" & Y).Resize(, 4).Value = Array(Fnd.Offset(, X).Value, Fnd.Offset(, X + 1).Value, Fnd.Offset(, X + 2).Value, Fnd.Offset(, X + 3).Value)
            Y = Y + 1
        Next X
    End With
     Range("A17").Select
     ActiveWindow.ScrollRow = 1
    'Sheets("Quot").Protect AllowFormattingCells:=True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Which macro is slow ?
And when is it slow, there doesn't seem to be enough data in your sample spreadsheet for it to be all that slow, since it only seems to do 1 invoice at a time,
If its the actual save that is slow then there is not a huge amount you can do about that. In your code it looks like it is saving to you C drive which should rule out network issues.
Is the actual workbook with the code on a Network drive or OneDrive or Sharepoint and do you have autosave turned on ? If this is the case try turning autosave off.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Which macro is slow ?
And when is it slow, there doesn't seem to be enough data in your sample spreadsheet for it to be all that slow, since it only seems to do 1 invoice at a time,
If its the actual save that is slow then there is not a huge amount you can do about that. In your code it looks like it is saving to you C drive which should rule out network issues.
Is the actual workbook with the code on a Network drive or OneDrive or Sharepoint and do you have autosave turned on ? If this is the case try turning autosave off.
no there is no auto save turn on. these codes save 1 invoice at a time. its a sample sheet so i removed all data from database sheet. if you don't mind, if you have to write these code or rearrange these codes, which will execute more quick and short, but purpose of this sheet remain same.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that is a different question and needs a new thread. While there may be improvements that can be made to the code, I think the bottle neck is the creation of PDF file and I can't see any way of speeding that up.

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that is a different question and needs a new thread. While there may be improvements that can be made to the code, I think the bottle neck is the creation of PDF file and I can't see any way of speeding that up.
pdf file is quick when invoice is made, rest saving data to database is slow but it save all the the data. yes just want to know if more improvement can be made. ok i will look forward to make new thread. thnks

Upvote 0
If you are talking about the "sub qaddata", when I comment out the checking for the file name and Exporting to the pdf there is barely a noticeable dela. So when you create a new thread you will need to be much more specific on where you think the delay is and how you are noticing it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back