How to make a Command Button on one sheet activate Command Button on other sheet?

ddub25

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Command Button on 'Sheet3 (Output)' with the following code that I was hoping would activate the Command Button on 'Sheet2 (Exercises)'. When I click it though, it comes back with a 'Run-time Error '9': Subscript out of range'. In Developer Mode, when I click on the button that I am trying to activate in 'Sheet2 (Exercises)', the code in the formula bar reads '=EMBED("Forms.CommandButton.1","")'. Any ideas why it is not working?

VBA Code:
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Sheets("Sheet2").CommandButton1_Click

End Sub

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I would suggest that when you create a new CommandButton, that click New in the Assign Macro window. That way each button will have it's own macro and then you can do the following:
VBA Code:
Sub Button1_Click()

End Sub
Sub Sheet2_Button1_Click()
    Button1_Click
End Sub

Upvote 0
I would suggest that when you create a new CommandButton, that click New in the Assign Macro window. That way each button will have it's own macro and then you can do the following:
VBA Code:
Sub Button1_Click()

End Sub
    Button1_Click
End Sub
or
VBA Code:
Sub Button1_Click()

End Sub
    Call Button1_Click
End Sub

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by the Assign Macro window. Each Command Button has it's own code box/window when I right click it and click View Code. The button on the 2nd sheet just needs to contain code that will execute the Command Button on the first sheet.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean by the Assign Macro window. Each Command Button has it's own code box/window when I right click it and click View Code. The button on the 2nd sheet just needs to contain code that will execute the Command Button on the first sheet.
Found an answer that I think will help. Remove the Private statement from each of the CommandButton1_Click() Subs. That way they can be referenced as follows: Example shows CommandButton1_Click() macro for Sheet2 CommandButton:

VBA Code:
Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Sheet1.CommandButton1_Click
End Sub

Upvote 0
Solution
Thanks very much Skybot - works great. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back