How to make vertical ranges in same column identical

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have 3 tables on a sheet (C5:M25, C30:M50, & C55:M75). I might add one or two more. They are all the exact same shape. The values in the top row and the first column of Table 1 are entered manually and change often. I want those same values to be replicated in the other two tables. If I change E5 to 25, I want E30 & E55 to also change to 25. f I change C7 to =sqrt(2), I want C32 & C57 to change to that same value.

I have assigned the name Xi to the top row ($5:$5). I put "=@Xi" in each cell in the top rows of Tables 2 & 3. But I can't figure out how to set up Tables 2 & 3 so that the values in the first column change whenever the corresponding cell in Table 1 is changed.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Working as intended here, is it possible Calculation is set to Manual on your workbook?

Upvote 0
Working as intended here, is it possible Calculation is set to Manual on your workbook?
What's working there?

Here's a simple example of what I am trying to accomplish. These three tables perform different calculations on the same X and Y data. Row 6, the "master" row, has been assigned the name "Xi". All of the cells in D14:H14 and D22:H22 cointain "=@Xi". That ensures that all of the X values are the same. If I change any value in D6:H6, the corresponding cell in the other two tables will be changed to match.

1630559651805.png

I would like to do the same for the Y values. The values in C7:C10 are the "master". I would like the values in C15:C18 and C23:C26 to be the same. If I change a value in C7:C10, I want the corresponding cell in the other two tables to be changed to match. I cannot figure out a way to do that other than to set C15 to "=C7", C16 to "=C8", etc. That works, but can have problems if a row is added or deleted in Table 1.

It that clearer?

No, calculation is set to Automatic.

Upvote 0
I see, I did not understand (mis-read) row being a named range. Sorry for that. I won't have time during the day. Unless you or someone else find a solution by then, I will check it out again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back