How to stop highlight duplication of weeknum in second year of Gantt chart

Minilin

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hiya,

I have edited the Gantt chart template from Microsoft to highlight cells based on the week number rather than the date, as this is what our company uses for projects.

When a project runs over two years, the gantt chart then repeats itself , see image red circled areas. This has happened on other spreadsheets I have set up myself as well, is there a way of stopping this from happening?

Conditional formatting formula used: =AND($C10="Low Risk",I$9>=$F10,I$9<=$F10+$G10-1)
Formula on Gantt chart as well: =IF(AND($C12="Goal",K$9>=$F12,K$9<=$F12+$G12-1),2,IF(AND($C12="Milestone",K$9>=$F12,K$9<=$F12+$G12-1),1,""))

Attachments

• example project.png
    example project.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 29

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
The only way that I can think of is to use dates rather than just week numbers.

Upvote 0
The only way that I can think of is to use dates rather than just week numbers.
Ah that's a shame. It's a manufacturing company so dates aren't used, everything is based on week numbers.

Upvote 0
If all you have is week numbers, then excel has no way of knowing if it's week 43 of this year, next year or even the year after.

Upvote 0
If all you have is week numbers, then excel has no way of knowing if it's week 43 of this year, next year or even the year after.
I've found a way to get the year and the week number by using formula =YEAR(M7)&WEEKNUM(M7,21) and I have put the date in the box, as can be seen in the screenshot, with this formula below it.

Which is what I did before to get the Gannt chart working on just the week numbers. Now though the conditional formatting doesn't seem to like the 202141 that comes up.

Upvote 0
If F10 is value "42", you can get the nearest DATE of week 42 from the left by: INDEX($I$7:$BK$7,MATCH($F10,I$9:$BK$9,0))
then replace F10 with DATE:
=AND($C10="Low Risk",I$7>=INDEX($I$7:$BK$7,MATCH($F10,I$9:$BK$9,0)),I$7<=INDEX($I$7:$BK$7,MATCH($F10,I$9:$BK$9,0))+$G10-1)

Upvote 0
Hiya,

I have edited the Gantt chart template from Microsoft to highlight cells based on the week number rather than the date, as this is what our company uses for projects.

When a project runs over two years, the gantt chart then repeats itself , see image red circled areas. This has happened on other spreadsheets I have set up myself as well, is there a way of stopping this from happening?

Conditional formatting formula used: =AND($C10="Low Risk",I$9>=$F10,I$9<=$F10+$G10-1)
Formula on Gantt chart as well: =IF(AND($C12="Goal",K$9>=$F12,K$9<=$F12+$G12-1),2,IF(AND($C12="Milestone",K$9>=$F12,K$9<=$F12+$G12-1),1,""))
I actually managed to resolve the issue myself by adding a secondary column for the year and then converting the Week number and year into the corresponding date. I then based the conditional formatting off of the date.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daymo66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back