Icon Set or Arrows Conditional Formatting

Seamus123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Please direct me if this has already been covered in a thread I couldn't find. Below I have included an image of my sheet. Cells D10 through H14 are included in my appraisal reports and would like to have colour-coded arrows. I tried using icon set but it doesn appear to give me the result I am looking for. See the arrows in Coloumns R and X and my conditons next to them. Is it possible to write an IF formula so that cells D10 to H14 input coloured arrows referencing the percentages in cells J10 to N14? Basicall nominal adjustments range from 0 to 20% and can be positive or negative, thus with a green up or down arrow. There are also positive or negative moderate or maximum adjustments to be represented by yellow or red respectively.

1701101661517.png

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
You can put simple link formulas in D10:H14 and then use conditional formatting. Note that if you want to format based on those percentage values, you want to use the Number option, not percent, in the conditional formatting dialog and enter say 0.4 for 40%

Upvote 0
You can put simple link formulas in D10:H14 and then use conditional formatting. Note that if you want to format based on those percentage values, you want to use the Number option, not percent, in the conditional formatting dialog and enter say 0.4 for 40%
I am a tech zero and may be misunderstanding what you are trying to explain to me. The tip to use the number option helped. I was able to use Icon Set and the NUmber option to colour-code icons based on percentages in the same cell and simply clicke the checkbox that says show icon only. This allowed for the correct colour within the icon but I was not able to make it simultaneously give me directional arrows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back