IF AND Covering Cell Ranges

kradclayton

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All

Looking for some help on a IF AND formula.

I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs, I need for the formula to look at one tab range of cells and another tab range of cells and if the range of cells includes two true value, return a value.
I have been able to get this to work when im only looking at one cell per tab, but the data can sometimes appear in different cell columns (always on the same row however).

I need for the formula to be in the tab "Combinations" and to look at the "colour" & "room" tab. Essentially, if colour = Grey\/Black (from column B onwards) & room= Bedroom (from column B onwards) then return Bedroom/Grey in the combinations tab. I have this currently - =IF(AND(colour!B2="Grey\/Black",Room!B2="Bedroom"),"Bedroom/Grey","").
Ignore column A as its another formula that isnt working as ive removed tabs unneeded. It works when Grey\/Black is in column B, but on the third row down, Grey\/Black appears in column C.

Kim

Attachments

• AND IF TEST.JPG
    AND IF TEST.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 17

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS(colour!B2:Z2,"Grey\/Black")>0,COUNTIFS(Room!B2:Z2,"Bedroom")>0),"Bedroom/Grey","")

Upvote 0
Hi!
Thanks that works great!
How would I then extend this formula to look for other IF AND statements? Eg =IF(AND(COUNTIFS(colour!B2:Z2,"Pink")>0,COUNTIFS(Room!B2:Z2,"Bedroom")>0),"Bedroom/Pink","").
Kim

Upvote 0
Excel Formula:
=IF(AND(COUNTIFS(colour!B2:Z2,"Grey\/Black")>0,COUNTIFS(Room!B2:Z2,"Bedroom")>0),"Bedroom/Grey",IF(AND(COUNTIFS(colour!B2:Z2,"Pink")>0,COUNTIFS(Room!B2:Z2,"Bedroom")>0),"Bedroom/Pink",""))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catterz66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back