IFERROR + VLOOKUP: if cell contains value, return adjacent value to new column

gillianarm

​I'm using VLOOKUP to search column A for a specific price type, to return the value in column B (Attendance) to column E (Adult Admission). I want only the numbers listed next to Adult Admission in column E, but by using A2, it copies over all Attendance counts (image 1). If I change "A2" in the formula to "Adult Admission",it lists the correct numbers, but down the entire column (image 2). IFERROR is included so that if the value does not match, it returns a blank cell to column E. I found a similar formula on Stack Overflow (excel - Find value from one cell, copy value from cell near to that cell and paste it to another sheet - Stack Overflow), but can't figure out what I need to change. Thank you!

25903415390_5d502a254d_z.jpg
[/URL]CaG]Capture 5 by Gill Armstrong, on Flickr[/IMG]Capture 2 by Gill Armstrong, on Flickr[/IMG]e by Gill Armstrong, on Flickr[/IMG]

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
It sure does! And it's so much simpler. Thank you very much for your help with this. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back