IFs and AND help please

Affo01

Hello all.

I'm trying to work out a way to automate some wages. It is for a sports team and I want to include some sort of bonuses for a) winning or drawing and keeping a clean sheet and b) loyalty, the more games you play, the more you earn (base * multiplier).

The screen shot shows the formula I've managed to create and works fine while less than 9 appearances (column P keeps a count). Column O shows 1 for starting and 0.5 for being a substitute. Upto and incl 9 appearances you get your basic wage (O3) multiplied by the result factor (columns L:N), but when you hit 10-19 appearance you get your basic * result outcome *1.05 and here's where I've got an error and getting a FALSE reply. Cell Q14 should return ((40*1.05)*1.05)=44.10. I know it is something obvious, but I can't work it out.

Please can someone take a look and point me in the correct direction or ask for more info if you need it.

Attachments

• wages screen.png
    wages screen.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
The only thing to watch out for with the way that I've written the formula is that it has no upper limit, so in theory using a relatively unlikely example, 1000 appearances would equate to basic * 6

If you need to cap it, then it would mean including the MIN function in the formula, i.e.

=N5*O5*($O$3*(1+FLOOR(MIN(P5,100)/200,0.05)))

Which sets the cap at 100 appearances, or

=N5*O5*($O$3*MIN(1+FLOOR(P5/200,0.05),2))

which sets the cap at basic * 2

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back