Import Mail Merge Client data from Word into Excel

Craig Peter DG

Office Version
  1. 2013
Hi, i am kind of guessing by now after scouring the internet for tips, tricks and hints, that this can't be done, so I've come to the geniuses for help. I wrongly created a dataset in MS Word for a mail merge of about 200 clients, with names addresses and some other info. Easy enough to do. However, I have since learnt from experience that MS Excel is a much more efficient place to mail merge from, and the MS Word MM function has very limited functionality. I have 200 client names in Word that i need to get over into Excel now, so i can work from Excel from now on.

Anyone know if I can write an Import query in Excel to capture that Word data please?

Warm regards.
Craig

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
I have solved this folks, no need to reply. To import a mail merge table from MS Word into Excel, as long as its an .mdb file that has been created, in Excel 2013 you simply go to the Data tab, then, External Data, then Access Database, browse for the name of the mm file you previously created, then import that into an Excel spreadsheet. It will ask you where you want to import the file to in Excel. Omg. I wasnt even thinking of Microsoft Access being the clue to solving this problem, but go figure, when you create a mail merge file in Word, it actually creates it as an .mdb file, which is.................a Microsoft Access file. Share this around.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asp123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back