Income tracker ideas

bobbybrown

Board Regular
Hi guys,
I have the need for a spreadsheet at the moment that tracks income each day and totals it per month.
There can be 2-3 occurances each day that need tracking, at the moment I have a really simple system that is a list of dates (days of the month), I enter the amount next to them and auto sum them at the bottom.
I have to keep manually moving things around to add extra inputs for the days with more income, which is a pain. For Feb so far for example I am up to 31 lines, so it has the potential to get quite messy.

I have another sheet that totals everything up and tells me at a glance the totals for Jan, Feb and so on, then a running total at the bottom.

Is there a better way to do this so I don't have to manually move things around each time there is a duplicate day?
Ideally I would like to be able to enter the date in to a box, enter the amount and have it build the sheet for me so I don't have to move things and edit columns etc.

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
My suggestion would be to have data Table with two columns, Date, and Amount.
Then create reports (formulas, pivot tables, whatever based on that Table).
By using a Table, and using references to that Table in the formulas or pivot tables you don't have to update your data references.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back