Index formula to show milestone name on a calendar format excel table - date range

Sanjiyapunia

Hi all,
I have an excel file.
1 of the sheet contains a list of project milestones (multiple projects, multiple milestones, some may have the same end date) with respective end dates associated to it. the other sheet has a calendar format speadsheet (January, Mondays to Friday from 1 to 31) which pulls the milestone names under the respective date.

The change i would like to make is that the sheet with the project milestone should now have a start date and an end date instead of just the end date.

what I'm having trouble with is getting that milestone to show up on the different dates between the start and the end date. For example if milestone 1 now has a start date of 1-jan-2017 and end date of 4-jan-2017, i want the calendar to show the name of the milestone under all of the days, 1-jan-2017, 2-jan-2017, 3-jan-2017, 4-jan-2017.

The formulas I use on the calendar sheet is this:
=IF(ISERROR(INDEX('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C,SMALL(IF('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C=$E$3,ROW('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C)),ROW(1:1)),2)),"",INDEX('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C,SMALL(IF('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C=$E$3,ROW('NPI Timelines'!$B:$C)),ROW(1:1)),2))

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunn_23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back