Index Match - Column Number

Mandy_

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi,

I’m using Index Match to show an array of values from a row, with specific column numbers. I’ve manually typed in the column numbers I want the data pulled from, and it stops pulling data after 21 columns. I’ve tried reading about how many column numbers Index Match can pull across, and I can’t find an answer.

Am I going about this the right way - or should I be using a formula to type the columns?

I wish to have a data set that shows information in a row, from column 1,3,4,5,6 (skip 7). 8,9,10,11 (skip 12), and then the last pattern repeats. I want - 13,14,15,16 (skip 17) 18,19,20,21 (skip 22) all the way to (skip 87) 88,89,90,91.

Or - should I pull the whole row (not specify the columns) and then eliminate the columns I don’t want? And how do I do that so that without having to manually delete the columns?

Thank you for your time.

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I get a value of zero in the columns after the 21st column.

So after column 26 (due to the skipped columns) - all my data is zeros for the rest of the row where data should be (all the way to column 91)

Upvote 0
My index formula was incorrect! I've fixed it, and it now works.

Upvote 0
Good to hear you got the solution.
If you would like to post the solution then it is perfectly fine to mark your post as the solution to help future readers. Otherwise, please do not mark a post that doesn't contain a solution.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry. I couldn't work out how to delete the thread, and I didn't want to have it listed as unsolved. I see now that I shouldn't have marked it solved without a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back