Index match function

Chris945

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear...,
I'm having some problem making the index match function to work properly. It does work for a few times, and then I get the message
"unable to ge the index function of the worksheetfunction class.
A B C D E F...
Unique product nrProject managerItem numberQuantityItem descriptionCapacity/hourProject numberAssigned toAssigned status
1​
Tom01.20.000
1​
item1(01 of 02)60.00024.000PendingPending
3​
Tom01.20.000
1​
item1 (02 of 02)60.00024.000PendingPending
2​
Boris01.20.000
1​
item3 (01 of 02)60.00024.003ThomasApproved
4​
Boris01.20.000
1​
item3 (01 of 02)60.00024.003PendingPending

Each product gets a unique nr when starting as seen in col A. A customer number and name and an item are linked with this unique number.
A customer can be several times in the list, as seen in colum G, but an item description can only be once per customer.
In other words there should be only one match if the index mach function with 2 critera is used. example: criteria1; item description = item1(02 of 02) critera2; Project number= 24.000 Index on the first colum should give me 3 as a result.
Although the data in the above table is fictive, it represents the idea. My index match function would look as follows:
indexMatch1= Application.worksheetfunction.Index.(Sheets("this sheet").Range("A2:A"&lastrow"),Application.worksheetfunction.Match("item1(02 of 02)",Sheets("this sheet").Range("E2:E"&lastrow),0),Application.worksheetfunction.Match("24.000",Sheets("this sheet").Range("G2:G"&lastrow),0))
I've been 'playing with the ranges like for the index range ("A2:Q"&lastrow), or for the second match a range("A1:Q1) as suggested on another forum. I just can't figure it out how to use the function properly.
I'm open for all suggestions, even if index match would not be involved in the solution, every suggestion to overcome my problem is welcome. Thanking you in advance.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Step 1 is to get your formula to work in Excel before trying to figure it out in VBA.
I don't believe your formula actually works.
Also your formula currently uses "24.000" which indicates that Project no is text and that it is formatted as #.000 please confirm if that is the case.

Try something like the below in Excel and if it does what you want then we can convert it to VBA.

Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP(1,($E$2:$E$10="item1 (02 of 02)")*(TEXT($G$2:$G$10,"#.000")="24.000"),$A$2:$A$10,"")

Upvote 0
Solution
Step 1 is to get your formula to work in Excel before trying to figure it out in VBA.
I don't believe your formula actually works.
Also your formula currently uses "24.000" which indicates that Project no is text and that it is formatted as #.000 please confirm if that is the case.

Try something like the below in Excel and if it does what you want then we can convert it to VBA.

Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP(1,($E$2:$E$10="item1 (02 of 02)")*(TEXT($G$2:$G$10,"#.000")="24.000"),$A$2:$A$10,"")
Dear Alex,
This is indeed the case, the project number is text.
Meanwhile, I have resolved the issue using Find, check if the condition is fullfilled, if not next find else my code...
Thank you for your assistance and pointing out the problem with text/numeric.
I will mark your reply as solved if I find how to do so.
Regards

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update glad it helped. If you want to post the code you ended up using and worked for you then you can mark your own post with the solution as the solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back