Insert Row - Locked Cells With Formulas - Password Protected

atarrant

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there!

I'm looking for some help so *I* can help a coworker. For the record, the file was created by my coworker, and I left everything (basically) as it was when she sent it to me. (I say that because I feel like it's kind of sloppy, so y'all might think so, too. Haha! Once I'm able to sort out the issue I'm writing about, I'll clean up the mess.)

Several (not-so-Excel-trustworthy) people will be working in it. It will be password protected, and several of the columns are locked because they contain formulas. We need them to be able to insert rows, but the locked cells complicate it.

I need something that will unlock the worksheet, allow for insertion of a row that copies the formulas from the row above it (or below - I'm not sure how that works - or...maybe it's still too early in the morning and my brain's not totally 'on it' yet), then re-lock the worksheet. Also, it should not show any sort of warning/error pop-up box when or after the user inserts the line. Is there a way to make all this happen?

- The columns with formulas are: I, K, P, Q, R, S, and T. The formulas start at row 12.

If the file is just too much of a mess and it would be easier to move or delete rows 1 - 11, I'm totally open to that. Also, the intent is that columns P - T will be hidden. I just unhid them so you could see them.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Mr Excel Help.png
    Mr Excel Help.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Some Columns Protected - Insert Row Above Selected Row, Copying Formulas From Selected Row
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back