Is there a way to get VBA code to understand where page breaks are ?

tonywatsonhelp

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I currently have a product list that I want to automate using vba the creation of a price list that I can either send or print as a pdf document.

currently because the style of the product list is different to how I want the price list to be I have a macro that cuts and pastes value the detail from the product list to the price list,
to be honest, even I was surprised at how well this has worked, the frustrating thing is that I get page breaks in the middle of products

So for example I might have 20 rows of camera tripods, but the page break is needed so it put it in and I get half at the bottom of page one and the rest at the top of page two,
ideally I'd like to stop this if possible?

the problems are I can't just tell it where to put the page breaks because I might need to add more stock, so this time I might have 5 cameras, 10 tripods and 6 lights on a page but if I add 2 new cameras and 3 new tripods, the lights are moved down the page ?

I know this might be a bit difficult to explain but I'm having no luck finding an answer so I thought Id ask?

I do have one important fact that might make this possible? the subcatagories (the products I want to keep together and not have a page break through are all in a different column to the products!

so for example everything starts at A30,
So A 30 is "Cameras"
A 31 and all of A is blank as the products are stored in Column B so B31 is first camera, and the next cell in column is the next category? for example "lighting"
So if there was a way to set up the page breaks from the macro, maybe what I need is a macro that says, set page break page 1 A1 to A29, page 2 A30 to the nearest cell with data in it that would be close to the bottom of page two (or the top of page 3) if you see what I mean?

i'll try do a little diagram

ABcDEFG
29So this should always be the bottom of page 1
30Cameras
31this is a list of cameras
32one more
33batteries
34AA bats
35lightswhere as the page break should go here to Lights starts the new page?
36this is lights
37and lightsnow the problem is if excel wants to put a page break here I cant stop it! so lights get broken up!see above
38and lights
39and lights these could be any amount but not more then 20 so always within one page size, but could be just one
40tripods
41tripod1
42tripod2
43tripod3
45biscuts
46Could be any stock

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Now I'd be happy to put one blank row between each subcategory if that makes it easier?

so to summarise, I need VBA code that can set page breaks to only happen above a Cell in ColumnA that has data in it, but not everytime there is a cell with data in it, only when it is where a pagebreak should be?

if someone could help with this it would be amazing, thanks

Tony

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back