Is this possible by formula

chef

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
I have the following formula that works great as a search box using Active x list box and filters as user types

I can type in an employee name and displays employee number, name, place of work when partially typed into box
This all works great apart from one flaw.
Data in column F range shows place of work and when I type in Ward 2 it also shows ward 23/24/26 etc Same eg 3 shows 3 as well as 33/34/etc
This is fine when I want to filter on staff on ward 23/24/33 etc as double digits but I cannot fathom out a way to display just single numeric wards ie Ward 2 or whether I should change datasource.

Hope this makes sense as I cannot download XLB due to work network restrictions. Its 90% really helpful but any additional suggestions would be welcomed.

regards

=FILTER(B7:F14876,ISNUMBER(SEARCH(I4,E7:E14876))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH(I4,D7:D14876))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH(I4,C7:C14876))+ISNUMBER(SEARCH(I4,F7:F14876)),"no record found")

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but the simplest solution may just be to rename Ward 2 as Ward 02 (and similarly rename any other single digit wards from X to 0X). That way, if you start typing Ward 0, all of your single digit wards would show.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back