License information for this component not found (error)

kweaver

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2010
I've been using 365 and macros for AGES. All of a sudden just a few minutes ago, I don't seem to have access to VBA and the macros.
I get an error box saying: "License information for this component not found. You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment."

WHAT?

What did I do or do I do now?

TIA

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Was there a Windows update a few minutes ago ?
Try to find a phone number for Microsoft support and I might as well pretended I'm a dentist and start pulling teeth.
This is just crazy that access to macros just stopped working.

Upvote 0
Yes, macros are active. In fact, I was working on a specific function, stopped for a phone call, and then the disaster happened...When I open the VBA editor, the code screen is BLANK.
I get the error when trying to run the macro that worked 15 minutes earlier. I also tried to run this on my laptop and have the same error. So, I gather it's tied to Excel in general and either my desktop nor my laptop.

Upvote 0
If you open a brand new sheet, do you have the same problems there?
If not, then it sounds like that one particular workbook may have become corrupted.

Upvote 0
Solution
Joe4: I believe that is the issue. Somehow this workbook became corrupted. I have another copy and the macro info opens just fine. SIGH.

Upvote 0
Yeah, usually if macros work fine in other workbooks, that is a good sign workbook corruption may be the issue.

Good thing you have another copy!

Upvote 0
Yes, from personal experience I've found always having a daily backup makes all the difference. Glad you have your answer.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCleaveland

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back