Linking excel workbook to powerpoint slideshow

jmendenhall1960

Hello to all who look, <label for="rb_iconid_2"></label>
What I am trying to do is use one of my workbooks (with multiple sheets) to run in PowerPoint (continual loop) for an 8hr shift. I have 1 of 3 sheets (shift specific) that are updated at start of every shift. These sheets link to other sheets in the workbook to make the desired out come for the clients to see. There are approx. 15 sheets at this time but growing.I am a nurse and our clients need to be well informed on what's going on and where to go and who to see. It is a small Mental health facility so the clients need helping reminders. I have a no budget project and thought I could get it done with your help.I need the PowerPoint to update (on the fly) as well. I am trying to learn VBA from the posts on it as well as other help. I can not find where anyone has tried this before. I have been trying to get this done for about 3 weeks know and have decided to come to the Guru's for help. What I have are multiple sheets (15) in my workbook that are updated at the beginning of every shift from one master data input sheet. I need these sheets to show in a PowerPoint slide show that is displayed in the day-room. So far all I have been able to do is get the first sheet in the workbook to link (not update). If I make the 2nd sheet active on the second slide it changes the first one to the same sheet. When I link the excel workbook to PP it looks like PP makes a copy and stores it internally somewhere because if I update the original workbook nothing happens. When I double click on the slide in PP then it opens a workbook but does not show my updates When I update in PP it does not show on original. I work with a lot of individuals that know very little about computers so I am trying to keep it all in excel. I am not looking for someone to just solve for me rather put notes in the solution so I can learn from it as well. I will need to add sheets (slides) in the future and if I don't learn then it will always be a problem. One other problem maybe. The sheets may have data, charts,and pictures with names and titles of the nurse taking care of program and the people involved. I have designated a sheet to hold the inserted picture with the name under it so that I can use it to populate the cells of the sheet needed for the slideshow involved. I will have plenty more trouble coming when I get this cross utilization working with getting the main program working, I know this is vague but was hoping it would temp some and if so let me know as I will divulge my address if it is proper on this site. If not then maker do woth wh i can. I think I have beat this to death yet fear only scratched the surface for what you animals know and can do.
I would likto take this time to thank everyone who looks at it because little help is better than none. Thank you for you time for the ones that stopped and looked. I f you need anything from me let me know. I will send email if appropriate. Can send copy of file. This seems to be a nightmare. One again thank you for any insight.

Know all that wind here it is down and dirty. I have multiple sheets feed buy one of three sheets depending on the time of day(we come in and update next shift sheet) then it needs to show when update completed. Great know the kicker, when the next shift comes in the have a another sheet close to the same as the first shift to update.when doneit will feed the new sheet. and same when third shift comes in. If I can just get all sheets to come over then that would be great. <label for="rb_iconid_4">
icon4.png
</label>I think I can manipulate the other files to bring in the puppies with the help from the notes on how it works. I know this is a monster so feel free to call me if you need. I will leave my number if it is allowed. just let me know. I know this is a monster but was hoping some one or two could attack it and knock it out. Please let me know anything i can do. The big kicker is that when It comes into PP it needs to show only the lines formated not every cell in the background rather just the info we print in it. Know when i say print I do not necessarily mean bring to paper just to the wall I am sure I left off a lot, any way your all looking <label for="rb_iconid_10">
icon10.png
</label>and saying what a nut job. I will gladly give up email it needed to get done. Just let me know, if you need anymore info I can send I would be proud to due it. Let me know the rules about what we can be sending I will follow. thank You Greatly.
John

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back