Linking Sheets

snash

Board Regular
Hi there,

I export an XL template from an erp system. I cannot edit any of the data within this sheet (as I'm uploading it again and this sheet cannot be changed). So I need to make a copy of the sheet and format this sheet as a table.
How can I link the 2nd sheet to the 1st sheet so that it updates sheet 2 with any new rows of data that may be populated within sheet 1 but still keeping sheet 2 as a table.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Hmm ok. You said the template is read-only & you need to reupload so you are making copy. Isnt if the same as you still need to update the template prior uploading? If you have 2 sheets & are only can upload 1 sheet, then why dotn make it 2 files & upload as 2 different files, so the data would not be uploaded duplicate?

Upvote 0
I am creating a template from a spreadsheet generator in my erp system. When you export data, you can't edit the main sheet (called DataSheet) because if you try to upload the file, it won't recognise the data. So you can create a copy and do what you like to any other sheet. So I'd like to link a sheet2 to the main sheet, set the Sheet2 as a table so that every time you add info to my erp system and export the excel file, the new data gets captured automatically into my sheet 2.
Is this possible?

Upvote 0
IDK, I can tell you to use copy link formula but this will make your file slow to run especially if too much data..

if SHEET 2 A1...type =Sheet1!A1 then drag the formula to everywhere you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back