List missing dates across 2 tabs

virtuosok

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have the following array formula to calculate the # of unique dates (excluding duplicates and blanks) in line with one pre-defined criterion, across two tabs
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF('Tab One'!$E$13:$E$50000=C4,'Tab One'!$F$13:$F$50000),ROW(INDIRECT("1:60000")))+FREQUENCY(IF('Tab Two'!$E$13:$E$50000=C4,'Tab Two'!$F$13:$F$50000),ROW(INDIRECT("1:60000"))),1))

Is there a way to list these unique entries in a single cell rather than just do SUM? Or, much better, is there a way to pull a list of missing entries? Ideally in a single cell, but a column on a separate sheet will also do.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Or let me put it this way.
Let's assume we have Tab One with names in column A, and dozens of dates against each name in column B. Some duplicates, some unique.
The same names and a comparable, but not identical, date range on Tab Two (same columns).
Now Tab Three would have all names listed once in each row, with their start date and end date as it goes below. I need to figure out a formula for column D which will pull all missing dates from two previous tab, as long as they are in B1-C1 range, for each person.
A1 (name)
B1 (start date)
C1 (end date)
D1 Missing dates
John01 Jan 1031 Dec 10
Jack01 Jan 1531 Aug 17
Jay01 Jan 2031 May 20

Or, have the output this way:
Name
John
Jack
Jay
Missing dates in range02 Jan 10etc
etc
15 Feb 10etcetc
25 Apr 10etcetc
30 Apr 10etcetc
Any ideas appreciated....

Upvote 0
Let me copy the link to the actual workbook (blinded) in hopes that this might help finding a solution.
Please check the formula on tab 3, column M. Is there any way to pull the list of actual unique days rather than their SUM? Or, better still, is there a way to pull the list of missing dates, for each subject in column C? (i.e. dates missing between their "first date" and "last date", columns G and J, correspondingly)
My Excel version unfortunately doesn't support TEXTJOIN, so I'm guessing it's either a CONCAT+TRANSPOSE (which is very manual and probably won't work), or maybe VBA?
Workbook

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscraig11

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back