Listbox For Loop

amanphilip

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Good Day to All,

I am trying to populate a listbox after doing a search. I was able to do it however i want my code to be more efficient somehow the solution I am thinking is to do a loop to add the details in the listbox. However I am getting an error "Could not set the list property. Invalid Property value error". Hope you can help me please.
VBA Code:
  If Not UserForm2.ComboBox1.Value = "" Then

'Search for the keyword
                        search = Format(StrConv(UserForm2.ComboBox1.Value, vbUpperCase))
                        Set searchR = ws.UsedRange
                        Set foundcell = searchR.Find(What:=search, LookIn:=xlValues, Lookat:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False)

'Check if the record was found
                        If Not foundcell Is Nothing Then

'
                                For i = 2 To lastrow
                                 For x = 1 To Len(ws.Cells(i, 5))

a = UserForm2.ComboBox1.TextLength

If InStr(1, LCase(Mid(ws.Cells(i, 14), x, a)), search, vbTextCompare) > 0 Then

' Below is the code that I am getting an error : could not set the list property. Invalid property value error if I use for loop.

UserForm2.ListBox1.AddItem ws.Cells(i, 1)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 1) = ws.Cells(i, 2)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 2) = ws.Cells(i, 3)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 3) = ws.Cells(i, 4)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 4) = ws.Cells(i, 5)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 5) = ws.Cells(i, 6)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 6) = ws.Cells(i, 7)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 7) = ws.Cells(i, 8)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 8) = ws.Cells(i, 9)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 9) = ws.Cells(i, 10)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 10) = ws.Cells(i, 11)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 11) = ws.Cells(i, 12)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 12) = ws.Cells(i, 13)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 13) = ws.Cells(i, 14)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 14) = ws.Cells(i, 15)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 15) = ws.Cells(i, 16)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 16) = ws.Cells(i, 17)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 17) = ws.Cells(i, 18)
                                         UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, 18) = ws.Cells(i, 19)

'
                                     End If
                                 Next x
                                Next i

Set searchR = Nothing
                            Set foundcell = Nothing
                       Else
                            MsgBox "Record Not Found"

End If

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
instead of looping, have you tried filling listbox via single statement:
ListBox1.RowSource = "A1:A12"

Upvote 0
There is a limit of 10 columns using the method you are using. You should really indicate specifically which line of code raises the error. I am going to guess it is
VBA Code:
I would suggest
VBA Code:
ListBox1.List = ws.Range(ws.Cells(i, 1), ws.Cells(i, 19))

EDIT: On second read-through your situation is a little more complicated. You may have to build an array, then after the loop assign the array to the list.

Upvote 0
Solution
instead of looping, have you tried filling listbox via single statement:
ListBox1.RowSource = "A1:A12"
Hello,

Thank you for your help, what i am trying to achieve is to list the row record to a list box that contains multiple columns. I may need much more complex code to do this. But i will look also into your suggestion.

Upvote 0
There is a limit of 10 columns using the method you are using. You should really indicate specifically which line of code raises the error. I am going to guess it is
VBA Code:
I would suggest
VBA Code:
ListBox1.List = ws.Range(ws.Cells(i, 1), ws.Cells(i, 19))

EDIT: On second read-through your situation is a little more complicated. You may have to build an array, then after the loop assign the array to the list.

Hello!

I think i have it working. I used this instead.

VBA Code:
                         UserForm2.ListBox1.AddItem ws.Cells(i, 1)
                                   For j = 1 To 19 
                                          UserForm2.ListBox1.List(UserForm2.ListBox1.ListCount - 1, j) = ws.Cells(i, j + 1)
                                   Next j

Now i am facing performance issue with all the loops i did. I think i will have to explore the path of array to improve the performance. Thank you for your suggestion.

Attachments

• 1696464433533.png
    1696464433533.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
Now i am facing performance issue with all the loops i did. I think i will have to explore the path of array to improve the performance. Thank you for your suggestion.
I probably could help you if you can upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a file-sharing site like Dropbox.com or Google Drive, and then share the link here.
Also, ensure that the link is accessible to anyone.

Upvote 1
I probably could help you if you can upload a sample workbook (without sensitive data) to a file-sharing site like Dropbox.com or Google Drive, and then share the link here.
Also, ensure that the link is accessible to anyone.
Hi Akuini,

Thank you for extending a hand. I will upload the sample workbook later today as our network restricts access to file sharing site. Appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back