Lookup and return multiple values

Koggy

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I’ve tried searching, but not being 100% clear on what/how to ask is inhibiting my results. I’m using Excel 365. I have a list of part numbers across 50+ stores. I need to lookup a single part and return ALL the stores that have said part so I can transfer aged/aging product before buying new/more. I’d prefer a formula over VB if possible. I’m trying to avoid using Access as I don have that on the work laptop, so it would be a lot of saving to external, using personal laptop, resaving to external, reopening on work laptop. Any help is appreciated. I’m in awe of the number of truly humble geniuses there are there are on these boards.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
As you are using Office 365, you could use the new FILTER function to get all the stores that have the part number. It will return multiple results for one criteria, that is part number.

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
As you are using Office 365, you could use the new FILTER function to get all the stores that have the part number. It will return multiple results for one criteria, that is part number.

Kind regards

Saba
Thank you for your response. I could, but need to have the results on each line so that when I am scrolling thru to do my buying i would have it at a glance.

Upvote 0
Can you please provide me with sample of your data and expected results that I can provide a solution (if possible)?

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
Basically, I need the next column to tell me what branch(es) have the part on hand

Attachments

• 9AC7F538-1DBE-4E3D-A02C-A00E3D8FD386.jpeg
    9AC7F538-1DBE-4E3D-A02C-A00E3D8FD386.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
Given layout my spreadsheet of your data, enter the following formula in H5 if you want to list only stores that have this part,

=FILTER($B$2:$B$18,$A$2:$A$18=H2)

If you want to bring both Branch and Avail 2, enter the following formula in H13

=FILTER($B$2:$C$18,$A$2:$A$18=H2)

1625619292864.png

Kind regards

Saba

Upvote 0
Given layout my spreadsheet of your data, enter the following formula in H5 if you want to list only stores that have this part,

=FILTER($B$2:$B$18,$A$2:$A$18=H2)

If you want to bring both Branch and Avail 2, enter the following formula in H13

=FILTER($B$2:$C$18,$A$2:$A$18=H2)

View attachment 42313

Kind regards

Saba
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back