lookup and sum Power Bi table

darknessfall5

Good day im trying to make a dashboard for the cash in bank of the company and the balance sheet also

I run into a problem and I just can seem to figure it out

this 2 tables are connected thru another table named date were I have all the dates on both years 2016 amd 2017, the problem that I have is when Im bringing the cash into a graph to show the end balance of the month is just giving me the last day of the month instead os adding everything and I think that the problem is that is a not a measure and here is my big problem I'm looking to see if there a formula for vlookup or sumif that will just bring a certain part on the colum and added as an example is I will like to make a new column or measure and just bring all cash in bank from that column instead of adding all the column.

I hope that is some how clear

Capture.PNG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0q8kiz48zmm4nq/Capture.PNG?dl=0

AccountPosting DateAmountReference
4015001/1/2017100
6100101/1/2017100
1020001/1/2017100
200001/1/20171000

<tbody>
</tbody>

Gl AccountMapping statementlocation type of account
610010P&L6Expense
401500P&L4Revenue
400000P&L4Revenue
501000P&L5COGS
102000BS1Asset
200000BS2Liabilities

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
I hope that is some how clear

not really. Are your posting dates any date of the month or are they always the first of the month?
should the postings be additive? I.e. Should you be adding every posting for the entire month?
when you say your calendar has "all the dates" do you mean it has 365 rows for each year?

Upvote 0
Matt
thanks for looking and yes I input 2 years of dates starting 1/1/2016 - 12/31/2017 all listed individually. I check the links and they are ok as I insert a table and give the correct balances for the sum of the column but when I insert a line chart the balance of the account is the last day of the month is not adding all the amounts as the table does.

and my original questions was if there is a way that I can just sum just part of a column under a new column or as a new measure not sure

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back