Looping through a column and extracting information from a concatenated string of letters and numbers.

brianclay111

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I'm new to this site. I've been working hard on my excel skills and some things seem to be a little difficult to find any information on to learn some new things. Perhaps somebody can help me out a bit here?
I have a list in column A, option tickers. They are set up as follows, .AA200821C12, .AA200821C13, .ABBV200821P92, .ABBV200828P94.5, etc. so I'm trying to figure out how to get data from each row. take for example A2 is .AA200821C12, I am trying to get the letters at the beginning in column B2 and the numbers at the end(after the C or P, it's always either a C or P after the numbers in the middle) in column C2 so it would look like this below. is this possible with formulas or VBA?
1599447939535.png

sorry but I have no time to convert picture to useful data also there is no expected result from example you posted, and description there isn't clear to me
maybe someone else...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reidel

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back