Lotus Notes

hemant86

Hi All,

I am trying to send emails through Lotus notes.Issue here is I want to send it from my group mail box insted of my personal.

Please find my code below. I tried few stuffs but its not helping.Please let me know if any idea.

Sub Send_HTML_Email()

Const ENC_IDENTITY_8BIT = 1729

'Send Lotus Notes email containing links to files on local computer

Dim NSession As Object 'NotesSession
Dim NDatabase As Object 'NotesDatabase
Dim NStream As Object 'NotesStream
Dim NDoc As Object 'NotesDocument
Dim NMIMEBody As Object 'NotesMIMEEntity
Dim SendTo As String
Dim Subject As String
Dim html As String, HTMLbody As String

Dim lstrow As Integer
lstrow = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Cells(Application.Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row
IDlist = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("C2:C" & lstrow).Value
UIDlist = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("E2:E" & lstrow).Value
UserList = ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A2:A" & lstrow).Value

For i = 1 To UBound(IDlist)
j = i
c = i

IDname = UCase(IDlist(i, 1))
UserId = UCase(UIDlist(j, 1))
UIDname = UCase(UserList(c, 1))

SendTo = IDname

Subject = "FTP Inactive User Reminder - " & Format(Now(), "mm") & "/" & Format(Now(), "dd")
' Debug.Print subject

Set NSession = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession") 'using Lotus Notes Automation Classes (OLE)
Set NDatabase = NSession.GETDATABASE("", "")

'Server = NSession.GetEnvironmentString("MailServer", True) <--- thes steps I was trying to use to get the server name of the group box

'Set NDatabase = NSession.GETDATABASE("CN=IN-MAIL-144/OU=SERVERS/O=HSBC", "mail\ap416236.nfs") <---here am using the file name and the server.

If Not NDatabase.IsOpen Then NDatabase.OpenMail

Set NStream = NSession.CreateStream

HTMLbody = "<br>Hi,<br/>" & "<br>Kindly Login to FTP.<br/>" & "<br>The following HSBC Intranet user account that has access to: FTP - <b>Finance Transformation Platform</b><br/>" & _
"<br>(FTP provides us with a single source of data for financial control and supports key elements of the Global Finance vision and strategy)<br/>" & _
"<br>User Name: " & UIDname & "<br/>" & "<br>User ID: " & UserId & "<br/>" & "<p>Will be inactivated after 5 days. </p>" & "<b>Please sign-on, in order to avoid user account inactivation.</b>" & _
"<br>Click " & "<a href='https://finance-platform.us.hsbc/psp/PORP02/FINANCE/ENTP/h/?tab=Z_FINANCE_PUBLIC'> <b>click</b></a>" & " to Sign-on to Portal.<br/>" & _
"<br>Users should contact the FTP Help Desk with all questions and issues. <br/>" & _
"Telephone 1-866-670-2758 (toll free), or " & _
"<br>Email:US FTP HelpDesk/HBUS/HSBC. <br/>" & _
"<hr width=40% align=left>This is a system-generated message. Please DO NOT REPLY. </hr>" & _
"<hr width=40% align=left></hr>"

html = "<html>" & vbLf & _
"<head>" & vbLf & _
"****** http-equiv=""Content-Type"" content=""text/html; charset=UTF-8""/>" & vbLf & _
"</head>" & vbLf & _
"<body>" & vbLf & _
"<font face=Verdana>" & vbLf & _
"<font size=2>" & vbLf & _
HTMLbody & _
"</font>" & vbLf & _
"</font>" & vbLf & _
"</body>" & vbLf & _
"</html>"

NSession.ConvertMIME = False 'Don't convert MIME to rich text

Set NDoc = NDatabase.CreateDocument()

With NDoc
.Form = "Memo"
.Subject = Subject
.SendTo = Split(SendTo, ",")

Set NMIMEBody = .CreateMIMEEntity
NStream.WRITETEXT html
NMIMEBody.SETCONTENTFROMTEXT NStream, "text/html; charset=UTF-8", ENC_IDENTITY_8BIT

.Send False
.Save True, False, False
End With

NSession.ConvertMIME = True 'Restore conversion

Set NDoc = Nothing
Set NSession = Nothing

Next i
MsgBox "Emails sent successfully..!", vbInformation

End Sub

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
First, please use the CODE tags to surround your code (use the # button on the text editor). I'd also suggest you take out personal information such as phone numbers and file name and servers.

You are on the right track with the "Set NDatabase =..." that you remmed out. Those two items in quotes need to be exactly what you see when you do a File, Properties, Database when you are in your group account in Lotus Notes. You don't want the "CN=", "OU=" or "O="

Code:
'send from a shared email account, get from properties
Set NDatabase = NSession.GetDatabase("(Servername)", "apps\mail-in\(yourfile).nsf")

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help Bill...but when I'm trying to fetch the server name and the file name..its fetching the personal mailbox details even if I hav the group mailbox active.
And can you kindly let me know how do I edit this post please. Not able to find a way to do it

Upvote 0
In Lotus Notes, go into your group account then hit File, Properties. A box will pop up. In the pull-down, select Database. This should show you your group username, server and filename are in that window. Use those exact values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChipDude83

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back