Macros Blocked by Microsoft

Andy Pilkington

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am running Microsoft 365 and recently the macros on my spreadsheets have been blocked by Microsoft without asking and I can no longer properly use my spreadsheets. Does anyone know why this is and if there is a solution?
Thank you in anticipation. Andy

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
The most common cause if you download a file or if you receive an email with a file containing macro's then Windows automatically blocks it (and has done since Windows 10)
Either
Right click the file, click properties and on the General tab near the bottom see if there is an Unblock checkbox, if there is then click the checkbox
or
Put the file in a trusted location (Developer tab, Macro Security, Trusted Locations).

If not the above then we could do with seeing a screenshot of the message it is giving you

Upvote 0
The most common cause if you download a file or if you receive an email with a file containing macro's then Windows automatically blocks it (and has done since Windows 10)
Either
Right click the file, click properties and on the General tab near the bottom see if there is an Unblock checkbox, if there is then click the checkbox
or
Put the file in a trusted location (Developer tab, Macro Security, Trusted Locations).

If not the above then we could do with seeing a screenshot of the message it is giving you
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. However, I don't download spreadsheets, the issue is with one of my own which has always performed flawlessly until this "block". Also, as I of course trust all my sheets, I have my macro settings in the Trust Centre set to "Enable VBA Macros".

I have uploaded the error message. Does this make the issue any clearer?

Thanks
Andy

Attachments

• Error Message.jpg
    Error Message.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0
Can you post the code that you are trying to run please? and what module it is currently in

Upvote 0
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. However, I don't download spreadsheets, the issue is with one of my own which has always performed flawlessly until this "block". Also, as I of course trust all my sheets, I have my macro settings in the Trust Centre set to "Enable VBA Macros".

I have uploaded the error message. Does this make the issue any clearer?

Thanks
Andy
Try changing the workbook name. If that doesn’t work, please upload a screenshot of your Macro Settings from the Trust Center.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back