Manipulating Text, Numbers and Dates

KoE

Board Regular
Greetings Excel experts!,

Been a while since my last posting and i'm still very much a novice, so your help is much sought after and appreciated. Below is the scenario:

I've data in one messy worksheet labelled 41 that looks like below which I plan to do these few processes:

1. import the data in col I to another worksheet labelled Proposed (in a new workbook) and separate the data into 4 columns; A, B, L & M. Looking at sample data below, each cell in col I actually contains 4 distinct info; name followed by ID xxxxxx-xx-xxxx followed by the post (separated from ID by carriage return) and lastly the location (also separated from post by carriage return). Name should go to col A, ID to col B, post to col L and location to M;

2. import the data in col M in that similar messy worksheet into the same worksheet as in 1 but into col N, O and P. The data in original col M are actually dates dd/mm/yyyy. Some dates are punctuated not only by carriage return but also with a dash "-".

I could "extract" out name as shown in col K via proper/trim/left but that's the maximum my knowledge in excel :(

as stated earlier, any help towards the targets in 1 & 2 is much sought after and appreciated. Thanks!
Excel Workbook
IKLM
6Muhammad Shukri bin Hussain841230-01-5547Timbalan Pendakwa RayaUnit Pendakwaan Negeri Sembilan(Mahkamah Sesyen Kuala Pilah)Muhammad Shukri Bin Hussain*06/10/200805/10/201005/10/2011
7Cindy Jasmine Enduyan Anak Julin850319-13-5670Peguam PersekutuanUnit GuamanJabatan Peguam NegaraCawangan Wilayah PersekutuanKuala LumpurCindy Jasmine Enduyan Anak Julin*03/02/2009-02/02/201102/02/2012
Sheet

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayEggleton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back