Manual Inventory Management

jsgjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a formula to calculate inventory for my end of month counts. Sheet #4 will calculate all items into certain columns that will add up each item and deduct that from the total deliveries. Is this possible?

Sheet 1 total deliveries
Sheet 2 total items sold
Sheet 3 ending inventory
Sheet 4 recipes

So sheet 4 will have recipes for exampleI s
bundle 1: whole chicken, box #4, large rice, box #2, chowder
bundle 2: whole chicken, box #4, large rice, box #2, stew
half chicken, box #2, regular rice, box #2
noodles, box #2

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a formula to calculate inventory for my end of month counts. Sheet #4 will calculate all items into certain columns that will add up each item and deduct that from the total deliveries. Is this possible?
Yes it is possible. The trouble with formulas is that they will constantly be calculated every time you chnage something on the spreadsheet, using up more time and resources of the machine it is on than is necessary. I would go with an Excel macro programmed to do this for you so you only need run it once and that's it until next month.

Since you never requested anything more than "is it possible?", I can only answer yes, it is possible.
If you are not anticipating use of hundreds of thousands of cells in the workbooks for data management, then a formulaic approach would be ok and is eaily achievable.

Upvote 0
Yes it is possible. The trouble with formulas is that they will constantly be calculated every time you chnage something on the spreadsheet, using up more time and resources of the machine it is on than is necessary. I would go with an Excel macro programmed to do this for you so you only need run it once and that's it until next month.

Since you never requested anything more than "is it possible?", I can only answer yes, it is possible.
If you are not anticipating use of hundreds of thousands of cells in the workbooks for data management, then a formulaic approach would be ok and is eaily achievable.

Thank you @Rhodie72 . So now my next question would be, what programs can you recommend and are there that are free to use on clover? I worked for a big corporation before, but now I am helping a small business that doesn't have the resources that I could use, so I am just trying to implement what I've learned before. Would you be able to help more?

Upvote 0
Looking online :

example_inventory.xlsx | Powered by Box

Clover generates an Excel report in .XLSX . You can take that report and directly input into Excel and manipulate the data in any manner you wish. Note that there have been
numerous inquiries in the past few months (on this Forum and others) requesting same assistance with inventory management. Do a search and you should find something that
will get you started. When you run into a problem with your project build, return for additional assistance.

Download workbook :

Internxt Drive – Private & Secure Cloud Storage

Upvote 0
Thank you @Rhodie72 . So now my next question would be, what programs can you recommend and are there that are free to use on clover? I worked for a big corporation before, but now I am helping a small business that doesn't have the resources that I could use, so I am just trying to implement what I've learned before. Would you be able to help more?
I cannot recommend free anythings on clover as I don't even know what it is. Excel VBA is my thing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hochanz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back