Median / If (and Mode / If) not working

chrono2483

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Hey team,

Looking for additional assistance. My formula:

=MEDIAN(if('Review/Analysis'!A6:A24="TRUE",'Review/Analysis'!O6:O24))
&
=ArrayFormula(MEDIAN(if('Review/Analysis'!A6:A24="TRUE",'Review/Analysis'!O6:O24))) [tried it as an array as well]

My issue is that it does not return any results even though the parameters are met. The error I get is: MEDIAN has no valid input data.

My Goal: I'm trying to return the median (and mode) value of a range of numbers, based on the fact that the respective column A = "TRUE". I understand if only one value is selected as TRUE, it shouldn't return anything, but I've tried where multiple rows in Column A = "TRUE", but still the formula doesn't work.

Hope this is descriptive enough. Else I can create a user friendly example to share.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
First, this thread really should be in the "General Discussion and Other Applications" forum, since you are looking at Google Sheets. The ArrayFormula is not an Excel function.

I don't know much about Google Sheets, except that it's similar to Excel, but with some significant differences. One thing I'd try is to remove the quote marks from around TRUE. There's a difference between "TRUE" (a text value of 4 letters), and TRUE (a Boolean value). So your formula might be comparing a text value in the formula with a Boolean value on the sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back