Message box with timer

picklefactory

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello folks
I have a project progress tracking workbook that, on opening, runs some code that checks against delivery dates and auto sends an email to alert relevent people when required if items are late. No problem there, all works fine. It obviously needs to be opened for this to happen, what I want to do now, is have it open on a regular basis, automatically, so people don't forget to look at it, (Windows task scheduler will do this for me), do it's check, send it's message and close again. Wherein lies my problem. I can get Task Scheduler to open it, I can write some simple code to save and close it again after checks, but I don't want it close when someone needs to actually work on it, so what I think would be ideal would be if I can have a message box appear on workbook opening that would give, say, 5 seconds or so to click a button to prevent closing, before it does so, that way I have option to let it close or keep it open. Is that feasible, and if so, how?
So, open workbook, display message box with button to keep file open, if not pressed, then run checks and close, is what I'd like to do (Unless anyone has better suggestion).
Any ideas most welcome
Thanks folks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back