Min Date

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Patcheen

Office Version
Platform
Windows
a2:a1000 and b2:d10000 hope thats right..... ive to put kids bed so be a while b4 i check back later

Patcheen

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Yes at A2 to a1000 corresponding dates are in b2:b1000

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Yes at A2 to a1000 corresponding dates are in b2:b1000
Jeff has already provided the formula that should work, that is, control+shift+enter, not just enter...

=MIN(IF($A$2:$A$1000=$E2,$B$2:$B$1000)

where E2 houses an employee of interest.

Adding some audit, still control+shift+enter...

=IF(COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$1000,$E2),MIN(IF($A$2:$A$1000=$E2,$B$2:$B$1000)),"")

If you don't still get the correct result (you claimed getting 0). If this is still the case, we will some diagnostics...

Aladin Akyurek

MrExcel MVP
Jeff has already provided the formula that should work, that is, control+shift+enter, not just enter...

=MIN(IF($A$2:$A$1000=$E2,$B$2:$B$1000)

where E2 houses an employee of interest.

Adding some audit, still control+shift+enter...

=IF(COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$1000,$E2),MIN(IF($A$2:$A$1000=$E2,$B$2:$B$1000)),"")

If you don't still get the correct result (you claimed getting 0). If this is still the case, we will some diagnostics...
Don't try at all anything. You first need to decide what is the FROM sheet and what is the TO sheet. Put othwerwise: FROM = source, TO = destination.

The FROM sheet is the sheet from which the min date must come for the name that is in the TO sheet.

Would you state which sheet of yours, Employee or Attandance, is the FROM (source) sheet?

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlos Ottoni

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...