Modify VBA Code To Ignore Missing Worksheets

excelbytes

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook called "Consolidated HR Report". In it there are 4 worksheets. One is called "Training". I have another workbook called "AllTraining", which has between 8 to 11 worksheets. Examples of the names of those worksheets are "Co_Training", "Fi_Training", "Gr_Training", etc. I open both workbooks and run the code that's in the Consolidated workbook, and what that does is goes into each of the 8 to 11 worksheets in the AllTraining workbook and copies the data into specific areas of the Consolidated workbook. However, There aren't always all of the 11 "locations" in the "AllTraining" workbook. How do I modify the code to check to see if that worksheet is in the "AllTraining" workbook, and if not, skip to the next worksheet?

I hope that makes sense. Here is a partial sample of the VBA code:

VBA Code:
    Sheets("Training").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    Windows("AllTraining.xlsm").Activate
    Sheets("Co_Training").Select
    Range("C7:N29").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Windows("Consolidated HR Report.xlsm").Activate
    Range("C35").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _
        :=False, Transpose:=False
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets("Fi_Training").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("C63").Select
    Range("A1").Select
    Sheets("Gr_Training").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Range("C91").Select
    Range("A1").Select

bebo021999 has "paste it in the appropriate section" figured out.
Code:
Sub Or_So()
Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook, i As Long, shArr
Set wb1 = Workbooks("Consolidated HR Report.xlsm")    '<---- Check and change name if required
Set wb2 = Workbooks("AllTraining X.xlsm")    '<---- Check and change name if required
shArr = Array("Sheet4", "Sheet9", "Sheet6", "Sheet12", "Sheet8")    '<----- Change and add as many as required
    For i = LBound(shArr) To UBound(shArr)
        On Error Resume Next
            If Not wb2.Sheets(shArr(i)) Is Nothing Then wb1.Sheets("Sheet2").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End _
            (xlUp).Offset(1).Resize(23, 12).Value = wb2.Sheets(shArr(i)).Cells(7, 3).Resize(23, 12).Value
        On Error GoTo 0
    Next i
End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
rlv01:

I ran that code you provided and got this result:

Worksheets Found.png

Which is correct. There are 9 out of 13 worksheets in the AllTraining X.xlsm workbook, and of the 3 you provided the code for, one (Gr_X_Training) was missing while the other two were found.

I think I see where I am mistaken. I took the code you provided and ran it step by step and it just skipped over each worksheet, but when I just ran the code it does in fact work correctly! Can you explain to me why that is?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Which is correct. There are 9 out of 13 worksheets in the AllTraining X.xlsm workbook, and of the 3 you provided the code for, one (Gr_X_Training) was missing while the other two were found.
Why is sheet Gr_X_Training missing? Remember, these are not my names, they are the ones you gave to me.

I think I see where I am mistaken. I took the code you provided and ran it step by step and it just skipped over each worksheet, but when I just ran the code it does in fact work correctly! Can you explain to me why that is?

I suspect because you are misinterpreting how the Select Case function works. You are looping through all the worksheets and testing to see if each worksheet name ( WS.Name) matches the Case of "Co_X_Training". If no match, then the code beneath Case "Co_X_Training" will be skipped. When it does match, it will not be skipped.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back