More data extraction from website using a macro

MrAsh

After the success of extracting data from webpages i have been ordered to come up with another macro, for different data. i've tried modifying the one created for me earlier, but i can't get it to work at all with the new parameters. i even tried downloading "iMacros", but i can't get that to do it properly either.

So i'm back.. :biggrin:

This time, i have a massive list of product codes that i need to get the prices and some info for. If i were to do it manually, i would;

1. Go to www.viking-direct.co.uk
2. Input the product code (TN300 for example)

THis brings up a page that has the data that i'm interested in, namely;

Viking Number - Q2H-TN300
Product - Brother TN300 Toner Cartridge-Black

How many: 1 and 3
How much: £16.99 and £15.99

*some of the products in the list will have different prices for 1,2,3,4,5 or 10 of the product.

Then i'd have to copy each item and paste it into Excel.

What i would like to know obviously, is how to grab that info and put it into a spreadsheet, with one product per row, with columns for the viking number, product description, the different quantities and how much at each of those quantities.

i realise this is probably a lot to ask so if no-one can help i understand, but if just in case someone can...i'd be most grateful!

Here's hoping..
Cheers!

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
We probably could help, but I think we would need more information and more sample data.

Also the URL you posted just goes to the main page, where there is no option to enter any code.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response, Norie.

Sure, ok. i have a long long list of part numbers, and i have to go to the viking site, input the code number (TN300 for example) into the search box, which will then bring up a page like this;

http://www.viking-direct.co.uk/cata...000ioiXHDOM8aGSqiRNfULiSSf:11g06dj48?id=TN300

and from that page i need to extract the following info;

Description: Brother TN300 Toner Cartridge-Black - Cost (1): 16.99 - Cost (3) 15.99

and put it all in the row after the original part number. So eventually when the macro has run i should have rows of info like the following;

Part Number | Description | Cost (1) | Cost (2) | Cost (3) | Cost (4) | Cost (5) | Cost (10)

For this particular product obviously the Costs columns would be empty apart from Cost (1) and Cost (3) which would say 16.99 and 15.99 respectively.

Does that help you make more sense of what i'm looking for?

Upvote 0
Did you, Norie, or anyone else, get a chance to look at this? Is there more info i can give to help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back