MrExcel on Excel - Pivot Table

shades

I am having a brain freeze (some say it comes with the age).

On pages 328-332 there are samples of PivotTables. Then on page 333, the PivotTable shows Percent columns for Quantity and Income. However, I have not found a way to add those columns and have the PivotTable automatically display the percents; and there are no instructions in the book about how that is done. I'm assuming that the percents are not in the underlying data table for the Pivot.

I'd appreciate any help you can give this old, dottering, semi-senile cowboy.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
skip ahead to page 336 to the section on adding calculated fields.

Well, sort of... here's my brain freeze. We have columns for each week of data, and then in the rows we have Cons or Bus and then each of those is broken down into Creative slots. However, when I insert a calculated field it always shows up as another set of rows, rather than columns.

I know I am doing something idiotic and can't see the forest for the trees (or vs versa)

.. can you send it to me?

Thanks, starl. At least now I know I am not completely nuts. I think I will continue developing the VBA solution.

After working with another XL guru in our company, we found the way to accomplish what we need - without VBA. In the end it was relatively simple, but hard to figure out in the dark.

well! what's the answer!!!

I dragged the field TRP onto the Pivot for a second data item. Then I chose "Field Settings" then "Options" in the middle, instead of normal in the dropdown I chose "% of Column". Then dragged the Data heading up and to the right of the Week heading. just like that. So simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smiqer

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back